An MSW NonProfit Organization
CHeRA is a nonprofit organization founded by MSW based in Lilongwe.
CHeRA was established and founded in 2017, with quality staff and skilled personnel to carryout its tasks and achieve its goals and objectives.
CHeRA is a male sex worker community led not for profit organization founded by MSW based in Lilongwe Malawi in 2017. It is currently going through the registration process as an NGO under the laws of Malawi. CHeRA works with MSW and MSM in Awareness raising, capacity building of male sex workers in health rights advocacy, economic empowerment, income source diversification and financial independence and management, rapid response
interventions for MSW facing prosecution and documentation of human rights abuses against MSW.
CHeRA has been the lead mobilizing vehicle for the Joint TB/HIV Global Fund Program for the Malawi government. The organization works under SAT Malawi a Sub Recipient of the Global Fund Program Funding in raising awareness, building capacity of MSM community and monitoring the program progress. To date the organization has trained 50 Peer Educators and distributed over 6000 condoms and condom compatible lubricants under this program.
- To mobilize and sensitize the wider community on sexual reproductive health rights.
- To promote safer sexual behavioral practices through increasing comprehensive sexualityknowledge and skills among young men.
- c) To promote socio economic independence which leads to psychological well-being ofyoung men in Malawi
- To cultivate collaborative synergies with like-minded and oriented individuals andorganizations
- Promote evidence based programing through improved health information managementpractices in HIV prevention among young men.